Here are some tips on how to beat
the game easier.
1. The best thing to do to get Gordon (the trademaster in Gregminster)
is to trade 4 Celadon Urns with him. However, it is
difficult to get Celadon Urns from Flyers and Bon-Bons.
You can just
trade Red Pepper from Crom Village with Gordon every now and then. Wait
for the number of Red Peppers
in Gregminster to drop to 0, 1 or 2 then
trade with about 8 or more Red Peppers from Crom.
2. For the guardian
deity, I usually use Dragon Plans#1, Turtle Plans
#2, Unicorn Plans #3, and Dragon Plans #4 for the Head, Body, Legs, and
respectively. I get a Wind Hat and arm Viktor with it. Turtle
Plans #2 are dropped by Ragged One; Unicorn Plans #3
are given freely by
a man in Tinto; and Dragon Plans #4 can be found in Rockaxe castle just
before or after Nanami "died."
Jude has Dragon Plans #1 already.
3. I have noticed that if you don't look for seeds for Tony and animals
Yuzu, you will have weaker attack and defense gauges during the
Field Battles. So, it is advisable to look for these
seeds and animals.
4. During Field Battles, always protect Luc's company and Mazus' too as
their rune spells
are very very useful. Luc's Wind Magic could destroy
Yuber's troops with great luck.
5. One of the best sound
sets is the one given by the Ninja in Rokkaku
6. To complete the 108 stars of destiny, it is best
to watch out for
Mukumuku, and Futch and Humphrey because you might just miss them!
7. Let Barbara strip the
less useful characters of their armor and
items and sell them to her or get the better items and arm them with the
useful characters. Let Jeane do the same for the runes and Tessai
for the runes in weapons.
8. It is
better to reserve foods than can replenish high HP (about 450
- 700) in your bag and use them on your characters before
a boss battle
so that the use of spells is minimized.
9. It is not practical to arm food in your inventory
during a boss
battle. It is better to let wind, water and bright shield runes do the
Order food with high HP from Hai Yo.
11. There is a rumored special effect in the bathhouse if you have
or Rulodia with six octopus urns. The best thing to do to get
octopus urns is to get it from Bon-Bon in the Highland
area (near the
Mercenary Fort, Toto Village, etc.) with either Stallion, Ayda, or
Kinnison in your party.
In cooking contests (which is done just for fun), take note that
once Fu Tan Chen (the host) says that a certain judge
prepare Sole for him or her (Simmered Fish with Soy Sauce). If he is a
vegetarian like Wakaba, prepare
Green Salad (Salad with Mayonaisse), If
he is fond of western food like Humphrey, use Shortcake (Cake with
Pudding (Ice Cream with Sugar). Nanami likes BBQ Meat Bun
The following is good srategy on how to defeat the Beast Rune
1. Choose the following members
of your party:
Frontliners (any order): Georg, Viktor, Pesmerga
Rear (any order): Alfred, Mazus, Lorelai
2. Status level should be at least 59 after beating Seed and Culgan.
Level should be at maximum (level 16). Just buy the Gold Hammer
in Sajah Village and let Tessai do the sharpening
(even Mazus' Nova Rod
must be at Level 16). Equipment should be at maximum (it's better to
arm Lorelai with Blood
Armor which is dropped by Chimera in L'Renouille
occasionally). Georg should have a Flame Helmet (found in Gorudo's
Arm with Guard Rings, Gold Emblems, Magic Rings (especially for
Mazus), Gold Emblems, or Fire Emblems. Guard Rings
and Magic Rings are
bought from Hans. Fire Emblems from Alex. Gold Emblems from Kobold
Village (Rare Finds).
Runes: Georg: Barrier (weapon: Thunder)
Viktor: Fury or Violence, Double-Beat (weapon:
Pesmerga: Fury or Double-Beat (weapon: Rage)
Hero: Mo. Earth, Bright Shield, Water (weapon:
Mazus: Blue Gate, Thunder, Flowing (weapon: Fire or
Lorelai: Mo. Earth, Cyclone (weapon: Rage)
5. Barrier Runes are dropped by Ten Ten (a female enemy) in Banner
A Fury Rune can be found in one of the rooms in L'Renouille. It can
also be a Rare Find in Muse just before the invasion
7. Viktor's Double Beat Rune is actually Pesmerga's. Double-Beat Runes
are dropped by CutRabbits
in Highland and North Sparrow Pass at the very
early part of the game.
8. A Mother Earth Rune is given by Gustav
in Tinto after slaying
Neclord. It can also be a Rare Find in Gregminster.
9. A Flowing Rune is given freely
by a woman in Muse City in the second
floor of the Rune Shop just before the invasion of L'Renouille. It can
be a Rare Find in Gregminster.
10. A Cyclone Rune is given freely by Sarah in the second floor of the
inn at Gregminster.
A Rage Rune (for Lorelai's weapon) is given freely by the
Runemaster teacher in Greenhill after defeating the Bone Dragon.
A Thunder Rune (for Georg's weapon) is given freely by the blue
knight outside Gorudo's room after the flag area in Rockaxe
after Nanami "died."
13. An Exertion Rune can be found hidden in the big urn beside the
in Kobold Village.
14. A Friendship Rune can be found hidden in one of the bonsai in front
of the City Hall in
15. Mazus' Blue Gate and Thunder Runes are built-in and so is
Pesmerga's Rage Rune in his weapon.
At the very start of the battle, let Lorelai cast Guardian Earth
first (and for every 5 rounds), and Mazus cast Protect
Mist (every 3
rounds). Destroy the Left Leg first, then the Rune, the Left Head, then
the Right Head. Never
mind the Right Leg.
17. Best Attack spells are Pale Palace of Mazus, The Shredding and
Storm Warning of Lorelai.
Reserve Mazus' Thor (level 5 spell) - not Thor Shot - in very
desperate cases in order to heal all and aim for the
Rune of the Beast
to damage it by about 400 - 1000.
19. When Mazus runs out of Protect Mist, let your Hero cast
20. Reserve your Hero's Great Blessing after the Left Leg changed your
Also, reserve his Battle Oath and Forgiver Sign
(aim for the Rune of the Beast) in very desperate cases.
Reserve Mazus' Kindness Rain in desperate cases.
22. Reserve Lorelai's Healing Wind if your Hero has changed status.
See the following outline for the appropriate use of spells:
Hero: 1 - Great Blessing
(reserve this as long as the Left Leg is
still not destroyed)
2 - Canopy Defense (cast this spell if Mazus runs out of
3 - Battle Oath (in desperate cases)
4 - Forgiver Sign (in very desperate cases, aim for the
Rune of the beast)
Mazus: 1 - Protect
Mist (cast this at the start and every 3 rounds)
2 - Kindness Rain (in very desperate cases, reserve for
Left Leg attacks)
3 - Pale Palace (best attack)
5 - Thor (combination of Thunder Storm and Mother Ocean
- in very desperate cases,
aim for the Rune of the Beast)
Lorelai: 1 - Healing Wind (to heal status of desperate individuals
your Hero if his status
2 - The Shredding (best
3 - Storm Warning (best
4 - Guardian Earth (cast
at the very start of battle,
and every 5 rounds)
24. Never ever use Mazus' Empty World (it will render
and Lorelai's and your Hero's Earthquake (it won't affect the boss at
all). Also, never use Mazus'
and your Hero's Silent Lake or you'll end
up cheated by the beast. Mazus' Thunder spells, Open Gate and King's
are all useless so don't even try wasting your energy with those.
Mazus' Thor Shot is powerful but his Mother Ocean is
somebody died)s it is better to combine both spells to cast Thor.
Lorelai's Guardian Earth is more important
than her Shining Wind spell
so use the former.
25. Heal often Georg, Viktor, and Pesmerga because they are
who could be the most helpful in your quest.
26. Sometimes Mazus is not in his right mind (there's
a green balloon
with a question mark above his head). You can't do anything about it
even with Healing Wind, Kindness
Rain or Great Blessing. Just heal him
every now and then and he'll come to his right mind after a few rounds.
this time, Mazus automatically hits with his Nova Rod - thus the
reason to sharpen it.
27. It is best to boost
your characters' magic defense in this battle
because the boss does not have physical attacks - only magical. Crimson
and Winged Boots are useless after beating Seed and Culgan.
The following is a usfull strategy on
how to defeat the Bone Dragon, Yuber's pet in Greenhill.
1. Choose the following characters:
Frontliners (from left): Georg, Viktor, Pesmerga
Rear (from left): Hero,
(Note: If you don't have Pesmerga yet, use Simone but
place him in Lorelai's position instead so that Lorelai will be in the frontline).
2. Status level should be at least 55. Weapon
level should be at least 13 (go to the blacksmith in Tinto if you don't have Tessai yet). Equipment should be the best
- buy from Hans. Never embed Lightning Rune on the weapon as the enemy is immune to Lightning attacks.
3. Arm your frontliners with Crimson Capes, Winged
Boots, or Capes of Darkness. Fire Emblems, Thunder Amulets, Gold Emblems, Magic Rings, or Guard Rings should be in all
4. Runes: Georg - Barrier or Killer (weapon:
Viktor - Violence,
Double-Beat or Killer (weapon:Exertion)
Pesmerga - Resurrection (weapon: Rage)
Hero - Water, Bright Shield, Mo. Earth or Fire Sealing (weapon: Friendship)
Gijimu - Resurrection, Cyclone (weapon: Mo. Earth or Fire)
Lorelai - Mo. Earth, Resurrection (weapon: Fire)
Simone (if you don't have Pesmerga) - Resurrection (weapon: Fire)
5. Crimson Capes may be available as Rare Finds
in South Window Armor Shop. Winged Boots may be available at the Gregminster Item Shop as Rare Finds. Capes of
Darkness and Fire Emblems can be bought from Alex. Guard Rings, Magic Rings and Thunder Amulets can be bought from Hans.
Gold Emblems are rare - check the Kobold Village Item Shop Rare Finds.
6. Barrier Runes are dropped by Ten Ten (a female
enemy) in Banner Forest.
7. A Violence Rune can be found hidden in the shelf in the Appraisal Shop in Rockaxe.
Killer Runes are dropped by Woodpeckers at Ryube Forest.
9. Viktor's Double Beat Rune is actually Pesmerga's.
Double Beat Runes are actually dropped by CutRabbits in Highland or in the North Sparrow Pass during the very early part of
10. A Fire Sealing Rune can be found in a chest box at the Highlander camp when your Hero and Jowy were
asked by Jess to act as spies.
11. A Cyclone Rune is given freely by Sarah in the second floor of the inn in Gregminster.
12. A Friendship Rune can be found hidden in one of the bonsai in front of the City Hall in South Window.
An Exertion Rune can be found hidden in the big jar beside the Elder's house in Kobold Village.
14. A Mother Earth
Rune is given freely by Mayor Gustav of Tinto after slaying Neclord. It could also be found as Rare Finds in the Rune
Shop in Gregminster.
15. Resurrection Runes are bought from Jeane.
16. At the start of the battle, let
Lorelai cast Guardian Earth first (and then every 5 rounds) then let your Hero cast Protect Mist (and then every 3 rounds).
17. Use Charm Arrow and The Shredding always.
18. Heal Viktor often.
19. Make good use of Battle Oath,
Healing Wind, and Canopy Defense.
The folowing is a succesfull stratagy for defeting luca blight.
1. Frontline from left: Flik, Miklotov, Zamza
Rear from left: Nina, Camus,
2. Frontline from right: Viktor, Feather (will occupy the whole center),
Rear from left:
Chaco, Feather, Sid
3. Frontline from left: Hanna, Humphrey, Oulan
Rear from left: Hero, Lorelai, Luc
1.With Fire Emblems (most required for the frontliners as well as the
center person in the rear).
With Crimson Cape and Wing Ornament (for wingers), or Cape of
Darkness. Equipment should be maximum - buy from Hans
level must be at least 40, weapon level must be at least level
10 especially for frontliners (never mind Luc's weapon).
Go to the
Kuskus blacksmith for the sharpening.
4.Runes: Flik: Lightning, Waking
Zamza: Fire Dragon, Water
Rina: Earth, Water, Cyclone
Viktor: Double Beat or Killer, Barrier or Fire Sealing
Hanna: Fire or Killer
Humphrey: Violence or Fire Sealing
Oulan: Angry Dragon, Earth
Hero: Water, Bright Shield, Mo. Earth or Fire
Luc: Blue Gate, Earth, Pixie
5. Fire or Lightning Runes must be embedded in weapons. Viktor's
should have an Exertion Rune. Your Hero's weapon should have a
Friendship Rune. Humphrey's weapon can have
6. use Earth (Clay Guardian) and Water (Protect Mist) first
7. Flik, Miklotov, and Camus must
often use Pretty Boy Attack.
Otherwise, Flik and NIna must use Groupie Attack.
8. Chaco and Sid must use Winger
9. HAnna and Oulan must use tackle attack often.
10. Rina's Silent Lake power (Water Rune) must
combine with Flik's Thor
Shot (Lightning Rune) in the middle of the game to heal allies and
inflict 1000+ damage on
11. Camus cannot hit Luca and has only got to join Miklotov (Knight
Attack) or Flik (Pretty Boy Attack).
For Rage and Fire Runes, use the level 4 power first.
13. For Bright Shield, use Shining Light
14. For Blue
Gate, never use Empty World but use Pale Palace often.
15. One Fire Sealing Rune could be obtained from the chest
Highland guard tent when Alfred and Jowy were asked by Jess to act as
16. One Cyclone Rune
can be obtained from a girl named Sarah on the
second floor of the inn at Gregminster.
17. One Mother Earth Rune
could be obtained as Rare Find in the
Gregminster Runemaster (sometimes not available)
18. One Violence Rune could
be obtained from the cabinet in the
Appraisal Shop in Rockaxe.
19. Flik's Waking Rune was formerly that of Sid
when you first got him.
20. Killer Runes are dropped by Woodpeckers at Ryube Forest (where Tsai
Double-Beat Runes are gotten from CutRabbits during the early part
of the game at Highland Area or North Sparrow Pass.
Never use Luc's Pixie if Luc has remaining powers. It is
ultimately useless even if Luc's weapon is at its max level.
Protect and Heal the following characters often: Zamza, Feather,
Hanna, Humphrey, Oulan, Shiro.
24. In pursuing
Luca after the 3 battles are over, choose Viktor, Flik,
Chaco, Sid, and Rina as companions.
25. By the way, Crimson
Capes may be available as Rare Finds in the
South Window Armor Store, Wing Ornament at the Banner Forest (on the way
Gregminster), and Winged Boots as Rare Finds at the Gregminster Item
Store. Capes of Darkness can be bought from
26. One Barrier Rune could be obtained from Ten Ten (a female enemy) at
27. A Friendship
Rune is hidden under one of the bonsai in front of the
City Hall at South Window.
28. An Exertion Rune is hidden
in one of the jars beside the Elder's
house in Kobold Village.
29. A Blue Gate Rune is in one of the three chests
at the Cave of the
Wind near the Mysterious Old Man after the wind section.
How to get a few secret characters
are some secret characters that should be very helpful.
1.Kinnison and Shiro: while searching for Boneparte put the
baby bird back in its nest. Then walk all the way up the mountain and come back to the nest Kinnison and Shiro will be there
and will gladly join your party.
Gobacha: go to the Kobold Village (in Two River) with Gengen in your party and go
to Gabocha's house. After the coversation between Gabacha and Gengen ends Gabacha will secretly join your party.
Go to South Window's Inn with Nanami in your party and after their argument Zamza will join your party.
Hans: In Two
River, go to the Inn and go upstairs and talk to Hans. Offer him a job for free(if you want him to set up his shop right away).